A new client has just sent me a DB in Microsoft Access format, that needs to be published as a web application.
I must confess I haven't used Access in some years, and it wasn't even installed on my current machines. The DB was 250MB in size, so I was anticipating that it would take up a fair bit of space once I exported it as CSV and imported it into MySQL. I'd forgotten just how incredibly inefficient Access is at storing data though. 50,000 slow and clunky records compressed to a lean 8.5MB once they were rehomed in the DB Spa Clinic that is MySQL!
- Airline Entertainment company iPad app
- London Web Summit 2012
- Highly charged viral Facebook campaign
- Celerity now runs on solar power
- Joomla site management
- Large corporate site build with content population
- Our office now has a wood stove!
- Templating for Mailshots
- Energy usage at Celerity
- Templating work for Contact Lens site